User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Supatramp
(regular) Sat 19-Feb-11 23:19:21
Print Post

Price increase?

[link to this post]

As I've been paying my bill via credit card, I've recently been paying £15.98 rather than the previous £14.99. I haven't done anything about it as I'd decided that I was moving and didn't want the hassle and aggravation.

However, my credit card statement has just come in and the AOL payment has now risen to £17.30, once again no notification whatsoever! Anybody know anything about this?

David
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 23:29:15
Print Post

Re: Price increase?

[re: Supatramp] [link to this post]

No But I know a few ISP's are putting their prices up. Wholesale prices are not going up so not sure why.

O2 is one of them even on LLU
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Feb-11 00:39:19
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

But at least O2 announced it and wrote to its customers.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User normcall
(member) Mon 21-Feb-11 15:46:52
Print Post

They introduced a 99p charge at the end of last year and then upped it to 1.99 in January.
The pricing is now on the 'Manage my account' section and has a list of price changes.
I haven't yet worked out if the quote they gave me in October for a 'free upgrade' and moving my line rental over to them is still valid as the billing system is now so confusing the wet finger must be soaking wet by now.
Standard User nilrem
(committed) Mon 21-Feb-11 23:11:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by Supatramp:
As I've been paying my bill via credit card, I've recently been paying £15.98 rather than the previous £14.99. I haven't done anything about it as I'd decided that I was moving and didn't want the hassle and aggravation.

However, my credit card statement has just come in and the AOL payment has now risen to £17.30, once again no notification whatsoever! Anybody know anything about this?

You are lucky, they put mine up to £19.99, I don't have LLU so am stuck!
Standard User Supatramp
(regular) Thu 24-Feb-11 22:49:14
Print Post

[re: nilrem] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nilrem:

You are lucky, they put mine up to £19.99, I don't have LLU so am stuck!

Well I do have LLU at my local exchange, but it's Talk Talk and there's no way I'm going there!!

David
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Feb-11 23:34:59
Print Post

it's Talk Talk and there's no way I'm going there!!
Aren't you already there?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User Supatramp
(regular) Sat 05-Mar-11 10:45:01
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Lol, yes I suppose I am, but not as from next Friday!! I'm off!!

David
  Print Thread

Jump to