User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spuddy
(regular) Wed 20-Apr-11 20:08:57
Print Post

Cancelling AOL

[link to this post]

Quick question. I've requested my MAC Code from AOL and as of today moved to Sky. On my AOL Broadband Account is lists my phone number with the word (Disconnected).

Is that it now for AOL and charges? Or is there something else I need to do the ensure AOL don't take any more money off me?

Soon Powered by Sky Broadband Unlimited

Was Powered by AOL
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Apr-11 22:52:12
Print Post

Re: Cancelling AOL

[re: Spuddy] [link to this post]

You can always see your bills under your AOL Broadband Account for months after you left to check that they haven't charged you unnecessarily. In fact you might be left with a small credit as my daughter still has since leaving in August. You just reminded us to just put in a claim for it smile

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User JimKirk363
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-May-11 01:11:15
Print Post

Re: Cancelling AOL

[re: Spuddy] [link to this post]

once account has moved across make sure u cancel the Direct Debit.

I know of a number of people that have either been charged after they have left AOL or have suddenly recieved large bills months after they have left claiming they still owe money when they dont.

Athlon 64 6000+ AM2 X2, ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe 570 NForce Mainboard, 4GB DDR 2 XMS2 800Mhz Cosair Ram, 5589.05GB Hard Disk Space, 1GB ATI 4670 HD PCI-E 16x Graphics, 850watt PSU.

Ex AOL Dialup 56k Customer....
Ex Freedom2Surf 512k and Ex Eclipse Internet 2mb Customer.

Virgin Media 50mb Cable

Virgin Media R EVIL!!!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/932560190.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to