User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User morsekid
(newbie) Tue 17-May-11 10:19:54
Print Post

Problems with AOL?

[link to this post]

Have been with AOL since it took over my previous provider 'Compuserve' . That sure is a long time. Have had problems and issues with speed, routers, crashes, unable to log on etc. (who hasn't) But these were all resolved some quickly and some took a 'little longer'. Some were my fault, others were due to BT, and some were down to AOL. However, have had only a few minor problems during the past few years. At present am using the AOL browser 'Desktop 9.6' UK version which I consider to be the best yet. Am paying £10.13p a month and have a more or less constant speed 0f 6.7 mbps. regardless of time of day or night. I do feel sorry for those who have not been able to resolve their technical problems, and those who have been let down in the customer service department. But it is probably fair to say that not all the problems posted on these boards are the fault of AOL. I have checked these forum boards for the past 6-months and a total of 43 persons have expressed their dissatisfaction with AOL. But is that such a large number when AOL have approx. 1.3million subscribers in the UK? Food for thought? I shall now run for cover........ Cheers Mike
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-May-11 13:14:06
Print Post

Re: Problems with AOL?

[re: morsekid] [link to this post]

You are presumably on a legacy "up to" 8 Meg package on a short to medium length line. Many others will be on "up to" 20 Meg packages on longer lines. So you could well be comparing apples and oranges!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User morsekid
(newbie) Tue 17-May-11 16:41:00
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I don't think my posting is comparing AOL with other users regarding speed. Just making the point that taking everything into consideration there are not that many people complaining about AOL. Best wishes...... Have loaded the bullets, will now beat a hasty retreat.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JimKirk363
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jun-11 21:56:04
Print Post

[re: morsekid] [link to this post]

AOL UK had less than 800,000 customers as of 2010.

Athlon 64 6000+ AM2 X2, ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe 570 NForce Mainboard, 4GB DDR 2 XMS2 800Mhz Cosair Ram, 6054.81GB Hard Disk Space, 1GB ATI 4670 HD PCI-E 16x Graphics, 850watt PSU.

Ex AOL Dialup 56k Customer....
Ex Freedom2Surf 512k and Ex Eclipse Internet 2mb Customer.

Virgin Media 50mb Cable

Virgin Media R EVIL!!!
http://www.speedtest.net/result/932560190.png
  Print Thread

Jump to