User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ajuk1984
(newbie) Mon 08-Apr-13 19:11:39
Print Post

Aol uk number?

[link to this post]

I'm am an aol customer and am getting desperate so thought u may be able to help.

I need a uk number/complaints number.

I have rang the Indian and Manila call centres twice a day for a month now and am getting no where.

The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. My broadband Internet is not working and hasn't been since they sent me 2 new routers (both pieces of [censored] that don't work).

The last straw was they booked an engineer to come out to be today after a 2hour phone call, only for this engineer not to show up at all. No phone call. Nothing. I even rang to check he was booked to come but nothing.

I need to speak to someone English who can resolve my issues. I want to complain but even the manager do not understand what I'm saying.

Regards

Antony Jackson
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Apr-13 19:25:45
Print Post

Re: Aol uk number?

[re: Ajuk1984] [link to this post]

You need to make a formal written complaint: AOL Broadband Customer Complaints Code

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User normcall
(member) Mon 08-Apr-13 21:12:31
Print Post

They should ask you if you are happy with the service (no), then ask you if you want to speak to a manager (yes please), then you ask to be transferred to the Talk Talk technical people as you ain't happy.
That should get things moving but you do need patience - even to the extent they do try to help. (with me, they altered settings whilst on the phone and just casually asked if it was now working - surprise, surprise it was reset whilst I was speaking but they were not going to tell me)
They are not the most direct of organisations when things don't work and tend to avoid admitting it could actually be them.

As I say, very frustrating.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Sat 27-Apr-13 14:04:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ajuk1984:
I'm am an aol customer and am getting desperate so thought u may be able to help.

I need a uk number/complaints number.

I have rang the Indian and Manila call centres twice a day for a month now and am getting no where.

The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. My broadband Internet is not working and hasn't been since they sent me 2 new routers (both pieces of [censored] that don't work).

The last straw was they booked an engineer to come out to be today after a 2hour phone call, only for this engineer not to show up at all. No phone call. Nothing. I even rang to check he was booked to come but nothing.

I need to speak to someone English who can resolve my issues. I want to complain but even the manager do not understand what I'm saying.

Regards

Antony Jackson

Hi there, if you are still having issues, and have some way of getting onto the internet I'd suggest registering with the TalkTalk Members Forum, as TalkTalk own AOL UK, they can provide support from there.
http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Apr-13 02:54:12
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJT:
I'd suggest registering with the TalkTalk Members Forum, as TalkTalk own AOL UK, they can provide support from there.
I'm willing to bet it won't recognise nor accept AOL users.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User CJT
(committed) Sun 28-Apr-13 17:45:35
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It's possible it may not..

I will however ask a TT staff member if AOL users can register with TT Forums.

They only work Mon-Fri so I will have to wait till tomorrow or maybe a day or so for a reply.

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
Standard User wannabemedic
(regular) Mon 20-May-13 02:36:34
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
In reply to a post by CJT:
I'd suggest registering with the TalkTalk Members Forum, as TalkTalk own AOL UK, they can provide support from there.
I'm willing to bet it won't recognise nor accept AOL users.

I was curious so searched and it seems they are able to help AOL members & see diagnostic info, here's an example thread:

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php...

Regarding my past issue with AOL, I now wish I'd gone to the forum as it seems they're much better at resolving things than the phone-based support people. *bad memories flood back*
  Print Thread

Jump to