User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-May-14 10:14:56
Print Post

Re: Added telephone line to AOL BB contract - now no Broadb

[re: fabyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by fabyon:
I can imagine, I remember joining through my job in a bookshop back in 1998 (yikes). I did a bit of unpaid monitoring until bad elements started to seep though and I gave it all up. I know it was truly over when TalkTalk/Carphone Warehouse took over the BB bit of their business. I did have a FRIACO dial-up connection shared by two computers (yikes) until 2005 when I got my first BB connection with Metronet laugh....ahhh the good old days ! lol

So you were a volunteer too? awesome smile

Yes they started to seep in the day they gave the world 0800 access. You got a better class of scum at PAYG rates.

Yes - Metronet - now there's an ISP that was great until they killed it.
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Sat 31-May-14 17:33:44
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

I can't believe I used to pay 25 quid or so flat rate, then, for 512kps and with an allowance so anything extra we had to pay more, but at that time most ISPs were charging in excess of £35-45... LOL from Metronet I went to Be > O2 > Sky ! laugh

Sky Broadband
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jun-14 16:27:41
Print Post

I can't believe I used to pay 25 quid or so flat rate, then, for 512kps and with an allowance so anything extra we had to pay more, but at that time most ISPs were charging in excess of £35-45... LOL from Metronet I went to Be > O2 > Sky ! laugh

My first ADSL connection? 512kbps with Plusnet £65 a month i don't think there was a monthly limit either.

Mind you, coming from a £99 a month always on dialup connection it was a saving too!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Mon 02-Jun-14 23:53:12
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Don't get me started on how much I use to spend on dial-up before friaco. It was with Cable and Wireless (it became NTL after that). It was £35 a month for 90 hours and I remember paying most of the times over 50 quid even £90 at times ........yes I need to get a life ! LOL

Sky Broadband
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Jun-14 12:27:59
Print Post

Don't get me started on how much I use to spend on dial-up before friaco. It was with Cable and Wireless (it became NTL after that). It was £35 a month for 90 hours and I remember paying most of the times over 50 quid even £90 at times ........yes I need to get a life ! LOL

Mine was always about £360 a quarter phone bill....
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to