User comments on ISPs
  >> AOL

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User morsekid
(learned) Fri 12-Jan-18 12:22:06
Print Post

AOL Update

[link to this post]

Hi, Just for the record, on the 11th.January (as predicted) AOL Desktop 9.8.2 was no longer available. So using a different browser, in my case I chose Firefox. All my email contacts etc were there, and so was a new email client, not to be confused with 'stand-alone' AOL email client which has been available for several years, this was a replacement for the now defunct AOL Desktop email. There was also an option to make AOL a default browser.....decided to give it a try.......and yes a new AOL software appeared, with the usual news, and adverts, but no favourites, carousal and the like.....Anyway, it would appear that AOL is still alive under the new owner Oath part of the Horizon group...(Google it) Will keep you posted..
Best wishes
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Jan-18 10:14:28
Print Post

Re: AOL Update

[re: morsekid] [link to this post]

The bars bones of AOL might still be around, but it's soul died way way back in the day.

But thanks for the update and yes please keep us posted
Standard User _Resonance_
(member) Thu 18-Jan-18 11:06:03
Print Post

[re: morsekid] [link to this post]

I wonder if AOL will drop email altogether eventually?

BT Infinity 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User morsekid
(learned) Thu 18-Jan-18 17:23:01
Print Post

[re: _Resonance_] [link to this post]

It is highly unlikely that AOL will drop email (for registered AOL Desktop user's) As the new owners Oath part of the Horizon group have invested a 'large sum of money and time' and have gained support from commercial outlets, etc., so one can expect more adverts...And of course the new email client is an integral part of the new AOL home page software.
  Print Thread

Jump to