Technical Discussion
  >> Audio and Music Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Littleseen
(learned) Mon 19-Dec-11 17:02:23
Print Post

sound card id

[link to this post]

I cannot play Midi music in Moraff games. (Nor do I think I can play any Midi music any longer). It is suggested I download updated driver, fair enough

I cannot id my sound card at the Creative site. I have Audigy2 and its sound editor works, it plays WAV and MP3. But not Midi. Properties tells me I have Wave Studio 4.50.11 but Creative's driver site does not recognize this id

I would also try downloading a midi file but having Googled for same I can only find ones that require money. I even tried Frog ringtone but on downloading it that proves to be a WAV file so stumped there too.

Am I an idiot. Help plz?

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Dec-11 17:37:26
Print Post

Re: sound card id

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Littleseen:
I cannot id my sound card at the Creative site. I have Audigy2 and its sound editor works, it plays WAV and MP3. But not Midi. Properties tells me I have Wave Studio 4.50.11 but Creative's driver site does not recognize this id
I doubt that very much. See here for downloads relating to Audigy 2.

In reply to a post by Littleseen:
I would also try downloading a midi file but having Googled for same I can only find ones that require money. I even tried Frog ringtone but on downloading it that proves to be a WAV file so stumped there too.
You can find sample MIDI (.mid) files in the \Windows\Media directory.

Googling windows xp midi playback will give you plenty of hits, for example.

Finally, it would be better if you confined your posts to one thread. Cross posting is frowned upon and will only serve to confuse and irritate those trying to help you.

P.S. Check if MIDI output is disabled in Windows. I don't use XP so I can't tell you where to look - maybe Volume Controls - Playback - Advanced Settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Our democracy is but a name. We vote? What does that mean?
It means that we choose between two bodies of real, though not avowed, autocrats.
We choose between Tweedledum and Tweedledee.
Helen Keller
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts

Edited by micksharpe (Mon 19-Dec-11 17:40:56)

Print Thread

Jump to