Technical Discussion
  >> Audio and Music Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Littleseen
(regular) Wed 12-Jun-13 16:18:33
Print Post

web recordings

[link to this post]

I once could do the following but I have had a major stroke and there is so much seems lost to my memory.

I want (once more) to record web audio. You Tube, BBC News, Sky weather prog, that kind, just audio. I have Creatuve Wavestudio v2 and a mic. I can get the sound coming through speakers OK and I used to be able to grab them but have now got my brains mangled. Your help is sought. Thanks.

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 12-Jun-13 16:45:41
Print Post

Re: web recordings

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

Perfect Sound Recorder will record the audio output of your sound card digitally, no mic required. Not familiar with Wavestudio but in general it's a case of pointing the record input of the system or software to be the mixed audio output rather than the default microphone.

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Wed 12-Jun-13 17:19:58
Print Post

I use the free open source sound studio program called Audacity which is avaliable on windows, Mac and Linux.

I have used it in the past to record off the web but I needed to put the speaker output into the line in and haven't gone back to see if I could do it another way.

it can be found here with lots of help and instructions

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User skoda
(newbie) Wed 12-Jun-13 18:11:17
Print Post

Hi
Does your creative suite have creative recorder, if it does for the input you can select "what u hear". Mine is an old version so don't know if this helps
Standard User longedge
(member) Wed 12-Jun-13 19:07:45
Print Post

[re: skoda] [link to this post]

Just bye the bye - don't know if any Sony laptop owners have found a way around this but my Vaio has some sort of hardware block on recording what you hear. Fortunately my mp3 player/recorder (Iriver H340) does a good job of recording from the earphone socket and I monitor by plugging my headphones into the headphone socket of the mp3 player.
Standard User Littleseen
(regular) Thu 13-Jun-13 15:13:22
Print Post

Re: Mora on my web recordings

In my pre-illness notebook I have the info that I was putting a device into my Media Hub that made easy web sound recordings but my stroke has made this unintelligible to me.

Apparently I took a double-ended jack that one end into the mic socket and the other into the headphone socket. I then started the Audacity-2 sound recording, started the web, stopped the web and stopped the sound recording & then saved it. To enable the mic to work I must press the two buttons on the Media Hub which then also silence the speakers. I cannot get the speakers and the mic BOTH firing.

My notebook shows I was doing this and I have stuff in the past saved say from . You-Tube. How on earth did I manage this and this is a result from a stroke, It ruins one's memory.

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
  Print Thread

Jump to