Technical Discussion
  >> Audio and Music Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Sep-13 12:48:14
Print Post

Bush TV Program Guide

[link to this post]

The cottage we're staying has a Bush TV, IDLCD26TV16HD. Haven't even switched it on in our first week but today we did so my wife could see when Downton Abbey was on.

The Program Guide showed only a single channel, BBC1, the channel the TV was tuned to. Change the channel to, say ITV, and the EPG shows ITV programmes. No way could I get it to show all channels.

So it's all but impossible to browse channels via the EPG to see if what's on and may be worth watching.

Anyone come across sort of thing before and/or ways to get a sensible EPG display?

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User billford
(elder) Sun 22-Sep-13 12:56:14
Print Post

Re: Bush TV Program Guide

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Some sets can take quite a while to get a complete new EPG if they've been switched off completely for some days- have you tried leaving it on standby for an hour or so?

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

__________Fold at Home_________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Sep-13 13:03:22
Print Post

Re: Bush TV Program Guide

[re: billford] [link to this post]

If I could find out how to leave it on standby... the Off button the remote switches it off, but there seems no way of switching it back on with the remote. Have to use the push button on the side of the TV. Though it gets the details of future programmes, for the current channel, very quickly

The EPG is just a vertical list, headed by the current channel, the RH of the screen shows info about the current program underneath a PIP of the current program.

It's almost a Tonka toy type of screen. Awful.

Edit: Just found this where it says
Now and next electronic programme guide (EPG). 7 day electronic programme guide (EPG).
I could interpret that as saying all you can do is to see now and next, and the programmes for the next 7 days, though not necessarily across all channels.

Have to try the DVD unit, maybe that has a better EPG grin

Edit 2:

When the EPG is on screen, can change channels using the up/down channel selector, but still of course only seeing the programmes for one channel at any one time.

And the DVD unit is a player only...

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement

Edited by cheshire_man (Sun 22-Sep-13 13:13:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to