Technical Discussion
  >> Audio and Music Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Jan-14 16:32:41
Print Post

Re: Sub-woofer fuse blown

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, you're absolutely right with the part no.; that ref. was on the email from B&W.

Interesting they were quoting £55 including P&P. The USA site quotes £225.89; at today's conversion rate that's about £137. Quite a difference.

We'll see in the next week or so what happens.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Jan-14 23:58:10
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

I noticed the discrepancy in price and looked to see if B&W products were significantly more expensive in the USA and they're not. In the USA, ASW608 sells for $499 with no sales tax and in the UK for £349 including 20% VAT. Take the VAT off the UK price and they're about the same price.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jan-14 12:50:23
Print Post

The replacement ICE board is now in, I'll take the sub-woofer in tomorrow and leave it for the dealer to replace.

We'll see then...

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jan-14 23:25:04
Print Post

Well, fingers crossed for a good outcome smile

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jan-14 08:02:26
Print Post

When I took it in yesterday, the dealer started to remove the back panel, all the relevant screws bar one, that one appeared to have been damaged during manufacture, perhaps by a slipping power/electric screwdriver - certainly I haven't attempted to open the unit. So I've left it with them while they sort that out.

I saw the replacement audio amp module, 'tis a design of elegance, almost beauty. I downloaded the manuals which contained pictures so I knew what it looked like, but looks better than the pictures.

Tony
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Jan-14 09:24:20
Print Post

Is it working now?

Sarah

--

(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Jan-14 13:29:04
Print Post

When the dealer got into the unit and replaced the board, it still didn't work frown so it's gone back to B&W for them to sort out smile.

I'll update this thread in due course.

Tony
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Feb-14 16:44:44
Print Post

Having had a call from the dealer this afternoon I've just been to them to pick it up. The B&W repair report reads:
The ASW608 was tested and found that the unit was not working.
Dismantled the ASW608 and traced the fault to a faulty bass driver & ICE module. Replace these components and reassembled. The ASW608 was retested no other faults were found.
So the driver had failed as well as the ICE module mentioned earlier in the thread. And after connecting it at home the test tone from the amplifier could be heard loud and clear.

So, despite their initial response, the dealer, Superfi (Stockport), have given good service smile.

Tony
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Feb-14 16:49:21
Print Post

Good to hear it's all working again smile

Sarah

--

Standard User maxpower10
(newbie) Fri 19-Oct-18 17:45:25
Print Post

Hello, I seem to be having the same problem as described here. I have the ASW675 powered by the AMP500. I cannot find any information on the amp itself. The woofer works great when powered by a separate amplifier. The outside fuse is good and the on/off switch works as well. I am getting 120vac to the first board on the amplifier but it does not have 120 coming out of that board. I've read of this hidden fuse, but cannot locate it on any of the boards. I have pictures of all of the boards as well if that helps. Any help getting me up and running would be great. Thank you!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to