General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User c3ham
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-12 15:40:50
Print Post

Virgin 50mb service

[link to this post]

Hi
I was wondering if one of u knowledgeable guys could tell me if my connection is acceptable especially for online gaming im a bit concerned with all the yellow spikes.

My Broadband Ping
thanks
Craig
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Apr-12 16:19:15
Print Post

Re: Virgin 50mb service

[re: c3ham] [link to this post]

The yellow area reflects the highest recorded latency in a 100 second period, for each pixel on the graph.

Its more the blue area that you need to worry about and while its high it is not too horrendous for a VM connection. Its far from perfect, but proof is in the game play really

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User c3ham
(newbie) Tue 24-Apr-12 16:46:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thanks for the quick reply i do feel it affects my gameplay in the evening but i wasnt sure if i was just using my connection as an excuse for being [censored] lol another question im finding it really difficult to get into my virgin modem 192.168.100.1 most of the time its just not connecting, could this be a faulty modem or is this normal

thanks
Craig

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Apr-12 16:55:03
Print Post

[re: c3ham] [link to this post]

Unlikely to be the modem, but a mixture of congestion on link that leaves Virgin Media and heads to tbb, which would affect other services using that link, and the rise in local congestion that appears to be affecting VM customers.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to