General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 30-May-12 09:05:03
Print Post

Saturday and Sunday

[link to this post]

What was going on?

Saturday Evening - been busy with DIY all day and spent the evening on the patio with a few beers and nothing running:

Sunday - similarly, there might have been some iPlayer usage at 12:15 to 13:00 but that will normally only push the peak latency to around 25ms not 150 and average remains under 20.

Was Saturday due to Eurovision? If it was, what caused Sunday's?

Any thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Moderator billford
(moderator) Wed 30-May-12 10:07:50
Print Post

Re: Saturday and Sunday

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Was Saturday due to Eurovision? If it was, what caused Sunday's?
Monaco Grand Prix and the Test Match?

Seems odd though, I wouldn't have thought any of those would attract enough internet traffic to cause a problem and there's not a trace of them on my BQMs.

I think I'd be inclined to suspect something more specific to you/your line.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 30-May-12 10:21:05
Print Post

Re: Saturday and Sunday

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Similar to my thoughts - I know there was nothing happening on my network at those times. On Saturday just me and a friend consuming several bottles each of King Goblin (from Wychwood) whilst sitting on the patio admiring or work, then Sunday with family and friends having a few more beers and a bbq whilst admiring the completed work! Given the location of my house, just two neighbours can see the Openzone connection (and not detectable at the road) and that is limited to 2Mb but they were all out so no connections there.

I wondered about teh line and temperature - but Monday and Tuesday are fine -Tuesday and Thursday, Friday, Monday are similar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to