General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 1Gopher
(newbie) Wed 20-Jun-12 09:21:32
Print Post

Your Package selection is Wrong!

[link to this post]

I originaly registered with Virgin up to 50 Mb. You have changed me in my profile to up to 60Mb I am not on that package and you no longer list the 50 MB.
The max my modem can handle is 53.5 as it is the max setting.

Therefore as a result any speed test data you now obtain is useless as my results do not compare to the package that I am on!

Kindly re add the up to 50 MB package as an option.

Virgin XXL 50Mbps
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Jun-12 09:28:09
Print Post

Re: Your Package selection is Wrong!

[re: 1Gopher] [link to this post]

We have not published a speedtest summary for a long time, and when we used to we used to spend a week sifting through the data to do things like assess upstream speeds as a guide to a users product.

Thus the change in the listing will not affect anything.

Where people have elected to share their results they are plotted on maps.thinkbroadband.com where the actual test data with no package information is published. We have found that a good many people don't understand the package they are on.

Virgin Media is adjusting everyones speeds over the next few months, so you will change your speed again. The listbox reflects these options I believe.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to