General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sun 19-Aug-12 06:51:45
Print Post

Setup

[link to this post]

Hi there. When I had Sky earlier this year I ran the broadband quality monitor no issues.

Since getting fibre I've never been able to get it working again. It just shows up as complete dropped packets, so the whole graph comes out red.

Here it is

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/14d806f28bb...

I've not been doing anything different to when it used to work. How can I get it going again? I tried resetting the routers etc

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 19-Aug-12 06:51:58)

Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 19-Aug-12 08:46:18
Print Post

Re: Setup

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Are you using a new router?

The usual reason for 100% dropped packets is the router not being set to respond to ICMP pings from the WAN side- the default is usually to ignore them.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 19-Aug-12 11:08:22
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

It may be the same router, but Sky re-purposes LAN1 to behave as an eWAN port I believe. Check that ICMP/Ping is enabled on that port.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sun 19-Aug-12 13:00:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I don't think the sky router has the option for this. I've looked through all the pages but nothings similar.

EDIT: got it. Unticked by default!

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 19-Aug-12 13:03:39)

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sun 19-Aug-12 13:06:09
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Yep you got it. Brilliant smile

Hopefully it'll work now.
EDIT: all working, this looks a thousand times better on fibre than it did on my ADSL connection. I'm running the ICM testing device so no doubt that'll have some affect.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 19-Aug-12 16:32:47)

Print Thread

Jump to