General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Wed 15-Jan-14 17:25:01
Print Post

New router (asus rt-n66u)

[link to this post]

Hello

Just connected my rt-n66u to my modem (via pppoe) and it seems as if it is not keen on replying to the pings from the BQM.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/c8131dbf4cf...

Anybody else experiencing this.

The old linksys wrt54gl seems to respond in a more timely manner

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/dcdb86e50b9...

Ian
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 19:04:39
Print Post

Re: New router (asus rt-n66u)

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Your average latency is pretty much the same, so I'm not sure what you're asking us to look at ? It seems the connection is in use a lot, as you have peaks of high ping time which is normally when the line is "full" (ie, in use) transferring data (downloading, playing video, etc etc).

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 49/8.5 - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Wed 15-Jan-14 20:25:06
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

reported packet loss is higher with the asus, agree?

just asking if other bqm users (n66u on a pppoe connection) have a high percentage of reported packet loss?

Ian

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Jan-14 21:26:01
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian007jen:
reported packet loss is higher with the asus, agree?

just asking if other bqm users (n66u on a pppoe connection) have a high percentage of reported packet loss?

There is, but I can't tell if that's just usage causing the pings to be lost (expected, but also reported as packet loss)

If you can confirm your internet connection was not doing anything in that time, then yes its a problem.

I'm a RT-N66U user, on BT Infinity, my 66U is connected to the Openreach VDSL modem (Huawei HG612) and using PPPoE. I use Merlin's alternative firmware.

As I have a dynamic IP , I don't use BQM, the IP changes too often. frown

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 49/8.5 - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to