General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tomcatuk
(newbie) Wed 29-Jan-14 13:07:13
Print Post

My Virgin Graph

[link to this post]

Hi all, very new here and a quick shot of my graph before and after I rebooted the router, anyone explain what happened as I thought I would give this a try to see what type of graph I was getting not sure if its good/bad or just ok.... not a techno dude so any easy to understand answers would be welcome... obviously the red line was were the router was off for a few minutes and back on the same ip address... and the high yellow ones have been like that since I started the graph (15 days ago) but since the reboot all low...
Computer always on...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/48203877b8f...

Steve
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 30-Jan-14 16:20:44
Print Post

Re: My Virgin Graph

[re: tomcatuk] [link to this post]

Maybe the software is running better in the router now, i.e. handling the ICMP responses slightly quicker.

Pings are at the mercy of the software in a router giving a timely response, and that can be an issue in addition to how busy the actual cable broadband connection is for your line and what others are doing on the same segment and then the contention in the backhaul network.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to