General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Sloth3636
(newbie) Sun 23-Nov-14 14:52:42
Print Post

My BQM any comments welcomed

[link to this post]

Talk Talk ADSL 17mbs. 2 wifi laptops general web surfing and one streaming desktop ethernet into the netgear DGN1000 router.

I keep loosing the internet but all the router status screens say modem connected. Is this relating to the phone line or broadband signal ?

The router is on the end of a 12m phone extension across the house from the master socket. The ADSL filter is immediatly infront of the router. Could the position of the ADSL filter be causing problems ? Loss of internet is not related to phone use.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/dc42278ea2d...

Thanks
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 13-Jan-15 11:01:30
Print Post

Re: My BQM any comments welcomed

[re: Sloth3636] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sloth3636:
The router is on the end of a 12m phone extension across the house from the master socket. The ADSL filter is immediatly infront of the router. Could the position of the ADSL filter be causing problems ? Loss of internet is not related to phone use.

Thanks

I cannot get your results to load!

That aside, a 12m internal extension is probably not the best way. Get the router as close as possible to the master which will help minimise any problems caused by domestically generated RFI/EMI (noise). If you need connectivity at that location run a suitable Ethernet cable (which will be a lot more immune) and either connect direct to the PC or to a combined Wireless Access Point and switch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to