General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jonb520227
(newbie) Tue 31-Mar-15 16:34:04
Print Post

Dynamic IP monitoring

[link to this post]

I am 'fortunate' enough to have Sky broadband and despite being 4Km from the exchange have managed to get the modem to learn at 4160kbps down/ 797kbps up. Occassionaly it downgrades itself to lower figures, especially the upload speed. I would like to monitor this over a period of several days and maybe weeks to have a further sensible conversation with the top level support guys in London, who are really good!! But I cannot do this with the current monitor as Sky quite frequently change the IP address allocated to me. The monitor, which I have used over more than a year, says that Dynamic IP monitoring is going to be introduced. So the question is when? or does anyone else know a work around such as using a service such as NoIP?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 31-Mar-15 16:55:02
Print Post

Re: Dynamic IP monitoring

[re: jonb520227] [link to this post]

When lots of other bits get finished, i.e. on the todo list and I need to get lots of stuff done to start working more on that side of things.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jonb520227
(newbie) Tue 31-Mar-15 18:08:44
Print Post

Re: Dynamic IP monitoring

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Mr Saffron
I was not intending to be critical, the monitor is really useful. I just wondered if there was a schedule for the improvement or if there was a work around until that upgrade becomes available.
Regards
JonB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to