General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User allthe3gs
(newbie) Thu 11-Jun-15 23:17:37
Print Post

how bad does this look?

[link to this post]

hi
newbie here. i use talktalk and have set up a monitor. there is a lot of red but i'm unable to get talktalk to investigate. can anyone interpret this graph please and tell me if it is good or bad. tia
My Broadband Ping
thanks
Neil

Edited by allthe3gs (Thu 11-Jun-15 23:18:56)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Jun-15 08:18:20
Print Post

Re: how bad does this look?

[re: allthe3gs] [link to this post]

Looks like you were using the connection a lot last night so red may be a side effect of your traffic. Need to see if packet loss exists when you are not using connection

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User allthe3gs
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-15 17:58:22
Print Post

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply.

Here is the previous day. Does that help look at packet loss when not using the connection?

My Broadband Ping

Used a lot is a relative statement so it is difficult judge.

N.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Jun-15 18:01:24
Print Post

So on 6th June during the night there was nothing using the connection?

The rise in the average latency (blue) suggests something was using the connection during that time, and the web probably means that the latency went above 500 ms (packets time out at 500ms on the BQM), so they might not be lost just VERY VERY poor response times.

If there was packet loss on the connection you would expect to see some loss when the connection is otherwise not being used, i.e. when its a thin blue line around 22ms latency.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to