General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Carantouhil
(newbie) Tue 23-Jun-15 21:43:24
Print Post

Red most of the day

[link to this post]

This is today's pattern on my Fuel Broadband connection. There have been better results in daytime, but I always get The Red latency loss at night. I am a light user currently - emails mostly so I do not think it is my usage

ZyXel Router Fuel BBand

I also have a TalkTalk connection which runs on the same 4 core cable as the Fuel. Here is the Snapshot:

Huawei router TalkTalk BBand

The performance is similar. These are in fine weather. If it rains it is nearly all red. I got the Fuel line hoping to solve years of problems with TalkTalk connection. Sadly both are similar

Comments welcomed!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 23-Jun-15 22:12:18
Print Post

Re: Red most of the day

[re: Carantouhil] [link to this post]

If rain makes it worse and standard pings from a pc show the issue then both lines to the property have a seriousbproblem. Do the noise margins drop a lot when it is red zone time

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Carantouhil
(newbie) Tue 23-Jun-15 22:51:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew - I suspected it was the line

Not sure how to find noise margins?

I do get some good days:

Huawei router TalkTalk BBand

I have given up on TalkTalk customer service centre, however I am hopeful Fuel will be able to help. However the nice tech lady at Fuel Broad band said: "mine does that and it is Bt" and that "copper doesn't like rain". Any idea how to interest them in my problem?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 23-Jun-15 23:57:47
Print Post

[re: Carantouhil] [link to this post]

Should be something like in the example at http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/stats/routers.html#hg532

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to