General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Sat 23-Jan-16 02:41:07
Print Post

virgin broadband analysis please virgin say graph is fine?

[link to this post]

My Broadband Ping
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Sat 23-Jan-16 02:55:14
Print Post

Re: virgin broadband analysis please virgin say graph is fin

[re: madmanx] [link to this post]

Hi basically since december when something upgraded on upstream ( went from 16qam to 64qam) my graph has been like this? It doesnt look good to me, high latency at all times even when we are asleep and nothing being used or turned on? Looking at graph have I a problem? Engineer gave new sh2ac, changed connectors, lowered upstream power levels, all power levels fine, virgin say everything is fine yet they cant explain graph? Any help be good, I dont know if its a network thing as my dad has virgin ,is on same cmts as me and his graph is like mine yet lives 3 miles away?
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Sat 23-Jan-16 02:59:56
Print Post

Oh for reference ive been told im on cmts finchley 16? Im on 70mbs package, area 21 (harrow)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 23-Jan-16 09:57:50
Print Post

Can you confirm a hour of the day when you were doing nothing with the connection?

Virgin Media due to the shared nature of the local loop means jitter (which is basically the yellow bit) will be worse than for xDSL or FTTH services.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Tue 26-Jan-16 15:28:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi mrsaffon thanks for replying,At 5am nobody is awake yet in todays graph yellow spike goes to top at 5am this morning,have I a problem? Im sure yellow spikes shouldn't be spiking to the top all the time?
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Tue 26-Jan-16 15:31:57
Print Post

My Broadband Ping
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 26-Jan-16 15:49:01
Print Post

And you have nothing connected to the Internet connection at that point e.g. set-top boxes, phones doing updates etc over Wi-Fi?

The yellow means 1 ping was high in the 60 that form a minute, the blue will be wider once you get more of them as the average will then start to rise, as the blue is not changing much it suggests the usual sort of jitter on cable, i.e. you see some effects from others in the area also using their connection.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hedgie
(newbie) Mon 01-Feb-16 21:24:49
Print Post

Another night in Warrington,

My Broadband Ping
Standard User francisuk25
(regular) Wed 18-May-16 23:53:15
Print Post

Was originally on finc13 but since they upgraded the area (for that 75Mb boost) i gone to finc17 CMTS Why? dunno but heres my graph http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/54fa9...
This is a normal day use for me from 4pm on a monday just xbox one play black ops 3 then went off about 8pm watched netflix went to bed.

Todays http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-large/dbbc1...
1pm looks like some kinda maintenance in the area? updated firmware? as my modem went off and come back on.and from 5pm everyone in the household been on,

What i have found from been on a cable platform the blue will always jitter up and down even when no device are connected to the superhub 2ac its just the nature of Docsis Cable with it been a shared platform

Virgin Media 50Mb/3Mb Broadband, Tivo M+ TV package
1.1mi distance to Mill Hill Exchange, Previously FTTC with Sky LLU synced @ 66/15

Edited by francisuk25 (Thu 19-May-16 00:00:05)

Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Sun 24-Jul-16 17:02:25
Print Post

Re: virgin broadband analysis please virgin say graph is fin *DELETED*

[re: francisuk25] [link to this post]

Post deleted by madmanx
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to