General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ziggypoptastic
(newbie) Tue 08-Mar-16 01:00:49
Print Post

Normal BQM? (Virgin)

[link to this post]

Hi there, been using virgin media for a while but the connection keeps dropping every so often. Been on the phone numerous times to try an resolve the issue, for them to say nothing wrong been fixed etc. So I was thinking about switching to BT but there broadband speeds are kinda slow. I wouldn't mind a slower connection if it was rock solid and stable. Any of you guys on BT can give feedback?
Also here's a BQM graph is this normal?

My Broadband Ping
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Mar-16 12:16:22
Print Post

Re: Normal BQM? (Virgin)

[re: ziggypoptastic] [link to this post]

BQM looks fairly normal for virgin (minus the dropped parts) - ignore mine as my electric ran out yeserday and wsn't back on til near 6pm...

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 08-Mar-16 12:33:33
Print Post

[re: ziggypoptastic] [link to this post]

Apart from the two drop outs very close to each other at 12:30am that looks fairly normal.

When you say connection dropping, is it just connectivity to say a games server or the whole broadband connection?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ziggypoptastic
(newbie) Tue 08-Mar-16 12:46:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replys. The whole connection drops out unfortunately, i spoke to a virgin media engineer outside a few days ago and apparently there's been an ongoing issue in the area since October and they cant find the source of the problem. I've also heard others in the area having problems and jumping ship.

Here's some other BQM graphs from last month.

11-02-2016

22-02-2016

23-02-2016

25-02-2016

Edited by ziggypoptastic (Tue 08-Mar-16 12:59:19)

Print Thread

Jump to