General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jaba
(regular) Thu 02-Jun-16 11:55:15
Print Post

Min latency change

[link to this post]

I am running my ISP's BQM and yesterday the connection was lost and the modem resynced and reconnected.
Since that event the minimun latency has gone up from a previously rock steady 12ms to the current higher but steady level of 20ms.
Any thoughts on what happened and why the change ?

Graph is here : http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/jbuk/unoQM2_z...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Jun-16 12:42:47
Print Post

Re: Min latency change

[re: jaba] [link to this post]

Likely that a change in G.INP (G.INP only on VDSL2) or Interleaving settings (ADSL or VDSL2), data from modem might reveal that.

Another possibility is that for providers that have multiple gateways you may be on a different one now that has a slightly higher latency.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jaba
(regular) Fri 03-Jun-16 00:49:50
Print Post

Re: Min latency change

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for that Andrew. Its an ADSL service here so I must assume that the connection was taken down to change the interleave level which seems unlikely, or just taking advantage of the disconnection to make the change. Would it be worth asking the ISP if they know why it might have changed I am with Uno using BTW, I can't imagine they have a large choice of gateways.

BTW the error seconds and crc rate has been a bit high so I followed your suggestion to connect using ADSL2 instead of ADSL2+ and this has really cleaned the error stats up a lot without loosing any sync speed at all and the line attenuation improved from 54.5 to 51,an unexpected bonus.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to