General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pgbb
(newbie) Tue 07-Jun-16 16:36:35
Print Post

Mostly blue and red!

[link to this post]

Hi,

My Virgin Media Cable connection seems to do very badly on the quality meter - about 50% of the time it seems to just get 100% packet loss, and then for the rest it has low minimum pings but large average pings (similar to this on most other days)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/84a6ab7cef0...

Have I interpreted that correctly, and has anyone else seen something like that? Does that mean that there is a problem with my line or router?

Thanks!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Jun-16 16:54:12
Print Post

Re: Mostly blue and red!

[re: pgbb] [link to this post]

Restart the superhub this seems to fix things sometimes

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pgbb
(newbie) Tue 07-Jun-16 17:00:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've tried that lots of times I'm afraid. It is only a v1, so maybe I should just upgrade to v3?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 07-Jun-16 17:19:50
Print Post

[re: pgbb] [link to this post]

The older hub may have de-prioritised those pings more than the newer ones, hence things are not as bad as they look, i.e. double check with gaming experience or just some old fashioned out bound pings.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pgbb
(newbie) Wed 08-Jun-16 17:55:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Oh, ok - thanks. I've tried running pings, and it mostly seems ok, but for a few times an hour (at least) pings are dropped completely, and this seems to correspond to my observations (intermittent connection issues). I'm going to get a new Superhub and upgrade from 150->200Mb, so I'll report back to see if that helped.
  Print Thread

Jump to