General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User turnipcruncher
(newbie) Mon 29-Aug-16 23:52:30
Print Post

Quality meter help? (V media)

[link to this post]

Hi

I play BF4 a lot on PC and some nights I have extermely poor hit registration, Im hard wired in to the pc so not a wifi issue.

My quality meter looks like this constantly wether im using the internet or no one is using it! is this causing me issues? Virgin say my line is fine but I swear they are just fobbing me off.

Im ready to quit them and jump to BT to be honest, so just want someone to confirm this isnt good.

My Broadband Ping

Line has hardly been used at all today! the packet loss was virgin restarting my hub while I was on phone to them.
Standard User turnipcruncher
(newbie) Wed 31-Aug-16 23:46:27
Print Post

Re: Quality meter help? (V media)

[re: turnipcruncher] [link to this post]

can someone just say yes or no ?
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Tue 06-Sep-16 15:06:58
Print Post

You should be seeing green on the bottom, a bit of blue with very little yellow. You have far too many yellow spikes.

Example: (not mine, from this)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/5e87658b1c9...

Be aware that switching ISP may not resolve this issue - it could be your line as well.

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 06-Sep-16 19:32:55
Print Post

Would say about normal for Virgin Media, they do have more latency due to the way the network operates. So a switch to a DSL based connection via someone on the Openreach network may be better, but you need to check what options and speeds are available first

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to