General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lordmetro
(newbie) Thu 01-Sep-16 10:13:17
Print Post

Plusnet Packet Loss with BQM and Other sites.

[link to this post]

Hello!

I just want to ensure that there is no problems with your BQM.

Over at Plusnet, people who are on the new network are experiencing a lot of packet loss and its been apparent for over 4 weeks with no resolution in sight.

Very bad customer service. When I joined in 2014, there was no issues at all, but now the ISP has just gone terrible.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-p...

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-thumb/74200... <-- I experience this every day.

Plusnet are positive it's not congestion, but I believe so as it only happens peak times!

Just wanted to make this issue apparent elsewhere so that Plusnet may officially corporate as they are just being dead silent!
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 10-Sep-16 09:31:15
Print Post

Re: Plusnet Packet Loss with BQM and Other sites.

[re: lordmetro] [link to this post]

sad days for plusnet, no idea whats going on but those graphs look pretty nasty.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-Sep-16 20:33:39
Print Post

No problem with our PingBox

[re: lordmetro] [link to this post]

BQM system is working as per normal, and confirmed with some people getting the expected results at a variety of providers.

Looking at Plusnet users there is a wide range of graph shapes just as with any other large provider, so while some are clearly having problems it is impossible for now to pin down what the issue is or which part of the Plusnet network is affected. Guess is that Plusnet may be trying to work this out themselves and should be a lot easier for them given what they know about their customers.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to