General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-16 22:50:02
Print Post

hi can somebody look at my virgin bqm and tell me if its ok?

[link to this post]

My Broadband Ping
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-16 22:55:16
Print Post

Re: hi can somebody look at my virgin bqm and tell me if its

[re: madmanx] [link to this post]

Hi basically bqm has been fine for nearly 2 months then powercut happened and now graph is as above high latency at all times even overnight when everybody asleep and no devices connected, ive done a factory reset of superhub 2ac and made no difference? Can anybody tell me if I have a problem and if so would it be a faulty hub, or network fault? Etc
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-16 22:58:56
Print Post

Oh the solid red lines were when I rebooted hub to see if made a difference and the large red line was when I factory reset hub which made no difference, anyhelp be nice thanks..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 03-Oct-16 13:48:16
Print Post

If you run a command line ping command for a while do you see similar problems if not then it may just be the superhub software that is the issue

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-16 14:54:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi mrsaffron thanks for replying, do u mean if I do a ping manually using the command prompt on pc? If so I could try that which site should I ping? Should I ping this site? If so do I need ip address of this site? If so can u tell what it is? And how long should ping it for? 10mins, half an hour etc?

So are u saying if I dont get packet loss or high pings when I manually ping this/another site then it could nr software in superhib, if that is the case should I ask for a new hub as I did a factory reset and it made no difference...also I see packet loss on bqm, whst causes that?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 03-Oct-16 16:00:44
Print Post

ping -n 100 www.thinkbroadband.com

Superhub is known for adding a bit more false jitter than on top of that due to DOCSIS , i.e. its not faulty hardware just the way they've put it all together

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-16 17:18:23
Print Post

My Broadband Ping

Thanks I try that but what I can't understand is that 4 days ago my bqm was fine? When powercut happened then it went bad,
Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-16 18:41:10
Print Post

Hi on a wired connection, I pinged thinkbroadband 200 times, results were minimum 10ms, worst 443 ms ,aversge 20ms? So what does that mean?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 03-Oct-16 19:24:46
Print Post

Suggests that connection is behaving as the BQM from 27th September is showing.

Edited by MrSaffron (Mon 03-Oct-16 19:25:26)

Standard User madmanx
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-16 20:39:16
Print Post

Hi thanks for replying, thats my point for 2 months the bqm was fine but then after powercut and hub rebooted the bqm is really bad now but I dont know why?, im going to put hub in modem mode and make a new graph and see if its the same.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to