General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TheFamousEccles
(newbie) Wed 02-Nov-16 11:20:52
Print Post

Higher minimum latency since getting Superhub 2ac

[link to this post]

Hi,
A while ago I was having problems with my Superhub. Virgin decided it was faulty and very kindly upgraded me to the Superhub 2ac. However, since having it I have noticed that my minimum latency sits a lot higher than it did with the Superhub.
This is my graph now
My Broadband Ping
My Minimum latency used to be around 14ms, now it seems to sit around 23ms.
Is there any particular reason for this?
Also, how does the graph look overall - I do have several wifi devices connected to the hub, which may account for the yellow spikes.
Many thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Nov-16 12:13:46
Print Post

Re: Higher minimum latency since getting Superhub 2ac

[re: TheFamousEccles] [link to this post]

Overall for a virgin connection it looks pretty good - the blue area is narrow, its when that gets wider that you will notice problems. Though people like gamers will notice the yellow blips at times.

When you ping a host such as www.thinkbroadband.com is the latency in the order of 23ms too? It is possible that the way the software handles inbound pings has been tweaked in the 2ac.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User TheFamousEccles
(newbie) Wed 02-Nov-16 13:08:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
When you ping a host such as www.thinkbroadband.com is the latency in the order of 23ms too?

Yes, pretty much - tends tomshow around 26-27ms.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Nov-16 13:10:27
Print Post

[re: TheFamousEccles] [link to this post]

Okay in which case it may they have also shifted you on their network at the same time as the 2AC going live.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to