General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 17-Dec-16 12:31:07
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media BQM Graph - Now improved a bit?

[re: Squibbles] [link to this post]

Much better and would call that a good DOCSIS connection.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7582-virgin-media... is why the superhub3 was so bad

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Squibbles
(newbie) Sat 17-Dec-16 12:34:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Is there any reason why the graph hasn't updated to show the 10am to 12pm segment or is it generally a 'burst write'.

Also - if my IP address hasn't changed I presume I am still okay using the same IP even though I have added different hardware.

This is the first time I am using these forums and I have to give credit to the tremendous help, advice, support that this facility provides.. Thank You to all of you - Just wondering if this graph will update now and if any further tweaks need to be made?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 17-Dec-16 13:02:37
Print Post

The time-scale at the bottom doesn't update cleanly until the graph has been running for twenty-four hours. If you look now it should have the 12 noon legend, but hasn't. Soon it will smile. I can see well past 10am on it now in terms of the graph itself.

I too think that graph looks normal. Not excellent but nothing to worry about.

Edit - the 12pm label has appeared, in the place it should be.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16208Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 17-Dec-16 13:09:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 17-Dec-16 13:06:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Squibbles:
Also - if my IP address hasn't changed I presume I am still okay using the same IP even though I have added different hardware.

This is the first time I am using these forums and I have to give credit to the tremendous help, advice, support that this facility provides.. Thank You to all of you - Just wondering if this graph will update now and if any further tweaks need to be made?
Yes re the IP - if it doesn't change you could keep the same graph. You could just have used the Edit to change the heading, as we would all know what had happened smile.

See my post a few seconds ago re the updating - it's fine and no tweaks needed.

smile We all like to receive thanks smile

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/16208Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Squibbles
(newbie) Sat 17-Dec-16 13:18:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes re the IP - if it doesn't change you could keep the same graph. You could just have used the Edit to change the heading, as we would all know what had happened smile.

See my post a few seconds ago re the updating - it's fine and no tweaks needed.

smile We all like to receive thanks smile

Yes - Agreed I could have - sorry about that . You guys are indeed awesome!

The only other thing that someone mentioned to me about the SH2ac is 'buffer bloat' - Is it really worth taking into consideration for video motion/PS4 etc? They did mention that setting a good QoS would reduce that.

The graph looks a lot better now!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/7a751599c97...

Edited by Squibbles (Sat 17-Dec-16 13:19:06)

Standard User trubluru
(newbie) Sat 24-Dec-16 19:07:11
Print Post

My Broadband Ping

first post and i hope this works, ive read and reread the guide on interperting the graph but if im honest i dont understand it can anyone help me with this
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to