General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User munawarj
(newbie) Fri 13-Jan-17 21:55:09
Print Post

BT Infinity1 Smart Hub (HH6) TBB Broadband Quality Monitor

[link to this post]

Hi,
recently switched from Virgin 70Mb service to BT Infinity 1.

Speed feels great, and responsive, but I cannot get the hub to repond to the Broadband Quality Monitor. Any way to get this working?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 14-Jan-17 10:42:30
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity1 Smart Hub (HH6) TBB Broadband Quality Monit

[re: munawarj] [link to this post]

Nope

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Jan-17 10:50:39
Print Post

[re: munawarj] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by munawarj:
Any way to get this working?

BT Hubs don't respond to ping and don't have any option to enable it. Only way would be to replace BT Hub with a different router.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 14-Jan-17 11:21:58
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Even then, the IPv4 address is dynamic. I don't know how BT handle IPv6. With luck that is static, but finding out what it is could be tricky.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Jan-17 12:33:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Even then, the IPv4 address is dynamic. I don't know how BT handle IPv6. With luck that is static, but finding out what it is could be tricky.

IPv4 is similar to the OP's old ISP (Virgin); so should be used to that. I likewise have no info on IPv6 for BT. (PN still no sign, but I gather EE mobile is gradually rolling out IPv6).

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to