General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mattocaster6
(newbie) Thu 09-Mar-17 02:17:37
Print Post

Does this look normal for a BT ADSL connection?

[link to this post]

http://thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/06d2dad6a3b6307...

I live around 3.3 KM from my exchange, and get around 4.5Mbps downstream sync speed.

The connection is under heavy usage from streaming, web browsing and gaming most of the time, so that might explain the constant max ping spikes?

I am using a Billion 8800 NL R2 Modem/Router.

Just restarted my router and changed my IP so right at the end it'll be red.

Edited by mattocaster6 (Thu 09-Mar-17 03:56:14)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 09-Mar-17 09:20:37
Print Post

Re: Does this look normal for a BT ADSL connection?

[re: mattocaster6] [link to this post]

Yikes! But there is a short "rest period" at about 15:30. If that is when streaming stopped for a few minutes then things might not be too bad in general. If it was independent of your usage I would be concerned that someone is leeching off your connection.

I recommend stopping all activity for a defined 30 minutes startng at an hour point, and see if we get a nice clean patch. Or at any point if hitting on an hour point within a couple of minutes is difficult.

Fix a new BQM of course smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 09-Mar-17 09:22:23)

Standard User fishpan
(learned) Wed 29-Mar-17 22:54:00
Print Post

Re: Does this look normal for a BT ADSL connection?

[re: mattocaster6] [link to this post]

Looks more like my old Virgin Media DOCSIS connection in the evenings when its all nice and congested!

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra 80/20 - sync 72200/19999 around 450m
MyDSLWebStats: fishpan
ISP Hx: Freeserve 48k > Wanadoo 56k > Tiscali 8mbps > TalkTalk 40/10 > Plusnet 80/20 > VM 200/20 > Plusnet 80/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to