General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 10-Apr-17 18:40:24
Print Post

Re: BQM stopped working

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

However the HG612 in bridge mode can still drive Lan port 2 to provide the stats, so it isn't acting purely in modem mode. I wouldn't be surprised if it's firewall could be set to respond to pings.

It's just a piece of kit on the net really. On IPv6 BQM can ping my computer as well as my router. So why shouldn't it be able to ping a router in bridge mode if that's the address it is given?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 10-Apr-17 18:45:10
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wolvesmad:
I didn't reboot the HG612 no but the ping responses started working straight after I disabled it.
How about re-enabling its firewall and setting it to respond to pings? Just see what happens smile.

The worst is that it doesn't work.

Edit: Uh! It would need an external IP address on your Lan. Forget that idea frown.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 10-Apr-17 18:47:17)

Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 11-Apr-17 09:53:50
Print Post

It burst back into life when I turned on and turned off the firewall on the HG612 last night. BQM stopped working a couple of hours later again.

-

BT BroadbandInfinity 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Apr-17 10:16:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Would be an interesting experiment, who has the time?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Apr-17 10:24:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

A least one, if not both, of my HG612s had become a line wrecker. Quite apart from always having provided at least 8Mpbs less than I get now. So sorry, I'm not volunteering.

Also to do it on IPv4 would require an IPv4 block. I wonder if it could support an IPv6 Wan address?

Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-May-17 20:30:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Realistically apart from getting a new router which I am in the process of doing, how can I get BQM working with the HH5 in place.

Can I not get it to target another device on my LAN and open up the ports?

-

BT BroadbandInfinity 2
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Wed 03-May-17 20:43:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by wolvesmad:
Realistically apart from getting a new router which I am in the process of doing, how can I get BQM working with the HH5 in place.

Can I not get it to target another device on my LAN and open up the ports?

Yes, but you put the device in the DMZ rather than opening up ports.

Make sure the device is too dumb or locked down enough to not a be a security risk/potential bot.

Edited by IanBB (Wed 03-May-17 20:45:40)

Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-May-17 22:21:53
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Can you elaborate on the device being dumb? laugh

Basically something without a Windows OS on it?

-

BT BroadbandInfinity 2

Edited by wolvesmad (Wed 03-May-17 22:23:26)

Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-May-17 19:13:45
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Sky HD box?

-

BT BroadbandInfinity 2
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Thu 04-May-17 19:30:38
Print Post

That might work.

I used a Now TV box and the ports I found open on it got protected by port forwarding them elsewhere.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to