General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Robbiecollie
(newbie) Mon 08-May-17 09:59:48
Print Post

BQM Moniter

[link to this post]

Rolocollie
This is the view that I am seeing
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 08-May-17 10:55:58
Print Post

Re: BQM Moniter

[re: Robbiecollie] [link to this post]

Check the IP address (hostname) you entered should be your current ip e.g. 31.x.x.x

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Mon 08-May-17 11:32:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi have just done that still not working when I press the refresh button the time refreshes but no graph in the past I have only put in plus net and it always worked ok

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Mon 08-May-17 11:36:01
Print Post

Hi sorry to be a pain but all is working now thanks for your assistance with this problem
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 08-May-17 11:40:17
Print Post

Re: BQM Moniter *DELETED*

Post deleted by RobertoS

Somehow more recently I became logged out again.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 08-May-17 11:44:49)

(newbie) Wed 10-May-17 08:31:19
Print Post

am still having refreshing problems with BQM see below comment from Ronski on the Kitz forum
There is nothing wrong with my program, the problem is with Thinkbroadband, there is nothing I can do. My reasoning for this is as follows.

1. When I click on the link you supplied I get the attached graph, which is clearly wrong, this was captured just now at 06:27 yet only shows up to 4pm.
2. The refresh time in the picture of my app you posted is 4:15am, 2 minutes prior to the screen crab being taken - last stats at 4:17.
3. The fact that the refresh time is updated means the code has successfully fetched a graph from TBB.
4. When I click on your graph on MWDS it show's a different graph (the codes under the name are different), but that still does not show correctly. It starts at 6pm and the last time is 4am, it should be 6am
5. I've changed no code for displaying the images and no one else is having issues.
6. Tony has said other users are showing similar issues
7. Similar issues are evident here https://community.plus.net/t5/custom/page/page-id/_P...
8. It's clearly a problem with TBB!

Your basically saying your car radio is not working because the station it's tuned to is having technical difficulties!

Seeing as you've posted your IP address your using in that last screen shot, I've taken the liberty of creating a monitor to see if it works.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

And so far it doesn't, I'd really expect it to show 6am on there, but it doesn't. It now showing a green trace, but still does not show 6am.

The problem is with TBB and there is nothing else I can do, so please stop inferring the problem is with my software, it isn't.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-May-17 08:47:39
Print Post

On my iPad the trace you link to starts at about 6:12. Doesn't it for you?

Also you may not realise or have previously spotted that the timescale under the graph has always been slightly misaligned until a full 24 hours' data has been collected from any particular BQM has being set up. I haven't reread all your posts, but wonder if this misalignment is what is concerning you?

My BQMs are fine, viewed on iPad, both Win 10 laptops, and a Sony Z3 smartphone.

Edit: I just refreshed the page showing your link and in the few minutes since first clicking your link before first making the unedited version of this post the green now starts just before 6am. The green has advanced but the scale under it has stayed in the same position. When the 8am marker appears on the scale the 6am marker will jump forward but the green stay wherever it is. Then creep forward until the 10am marker appears. After 24 hours all will stabilise.

This isn't a new problem, and most people adjusted to not worrying about it since it was discussed several years ago. The graph itself shows if there are problems, just being sure of the time of it is difficult. After 24 hours running the Previous Day graphs will be correct.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63086/13719Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 10-May-17 09:00:03)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-May-17 09:42:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes issues on the first day are well known, and am now dealing with what seems to be the same issue in 3 different locations

Appears to be a snapshot image

Is the live updating image

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 10-May-17 11:30:45
Print Post

The Robbie Collie Test one was set up by Ronski at approx 6:30 this morning.

The other graph is Robbiecollie's own graph.

@RobbieCollie, It might be as well to check that the link you have put in to HG612_Modem_Stats is the live link and not the URL of a snapshot.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 10-May-17 12:07:43
Print Post

Both are live for me.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63086/13719Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to