General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 27-May-17 17:17:52
Print Post

Re: ADSL 2+

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

If the blue average is unchanged then generally just the jitter issues or puma issue and usually of little effect, i.e. cable always looks work than xDSL on the BQM.

Generally ADSL performs well latency wise and should be stable so long as backhaul is WBC or LLU based, which if in an area with virgin cable is more than likely.

You will need to remember though that if you start trying to do things like voice chat in addition to game play you may place some stress on the upstream side.

TIP Go for a provider with a 1 month contract and try it, and only cancel the virgin (though I'd be tempted to keep it for the larger downloads still)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-May-17 09:41:22
Print Post

Re: ADSL 2+

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Many thanks for your reply RobertoS - wasn't trying to teach you to such eggs but like MrS I thought you may have missed a key part of the question.

I am not sure how your response answered:
The OP's opening question was "Can anyone show me a Broadband Quality Monitor for a ADSL 2+ connection?" I answered it.

You linked to the home page for BQM which as far as I can see has no way to search for ADSL2+ graphs and you mentioned your own BQM which is FTTC. So, I don't believe the question around ADSL2+ was answered which is why I posted additional information.

Apologies for upsetting you but I was merely giving further information answering the OPs question.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to