General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 03-Jun-17 23:50:42
Print Post

Re: How to get BQM working on IPv6?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

similar to your aaisp issue where the router had the prefix to assign to lan devices but didnt give itself a wan ipv6.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 04-Jun-17 02:42:38
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

That depends what you are actually saying. I'm no expert on IPv6.

AAISP DHCP allocates a static IPv6 WAN address to the router, 2001:8b0:xxxx:xxxx:n:n:n:n where the xxxx:xxxx is not passed through and the n:n:n:n is the hex equivalent of the IPv4 static IP address.

We have a different IPv6 /48 block allocated to our account, but by default are only issued with a single /64 from it. We can add further /64s if we wish. At this point I cease to understand what is going on, as my LAN addresses appear to be from the /48, not the /64.

When I first got BQM going on IPv6 I was using the IPv6 address I see for my wifi adapter LOL! As shown in ipconfig/all. That is what thinkbroadband pick up even now. I alter it for BQM to the above static WAN address for the router. Otherwise BQM would fail when I turn the computer off.

Does that make sense?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63679/13080Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User fishpan
(regular) Sun 04-Jun-17 17:57:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

PM received and put this new IP in and seems to be working - base ping matches up with my IPv4 monitor.

Prefix is the same as the one autocompleted when setting up a BQM but a different suffix needed it looks like to ping the router.

Sky Fibre Max 80/20 - sync 65300/19999 around 450m (Interleaved, G.INP disabled due to migration)
MyDSLWebStats: fishpan
ISP Hx: Freeserve 48k > Wanadoo 56k > Tiscali 8mbps > TalkTalk 40/10 > Plusnet 80/20 > VM 200/20 > Plusnet 80/20 > Sky 80/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 05-Jun-17 00:31:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've just read the OP's post saying your PM'ed IP address is working.

I had been rather puzzled when you asked for that speed test so you could "work it out".

When I read the post saying it worked I suddenly realised how you did it. Or at least how I think you did it. /me dumb!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63679/13080Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to