General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rockyrhino
(newbie) Tue 25-Jul-17 20:50:45
Print Post

seethelight - my broadband quality monitor

[link to this post]

Can anyone help and advise whats causing this? I have various speed issues mixed with bandwidth issues.

My single thread can be go from 0.8mbps to 50.8mbps and multiple thread can be as low as 11.8 to 60.3mbps and I am on a 60Mbps FTTP connection. I have tried 3 routers and even used direct connection with the terminal using PPPoE but I still have this below.

My Broadband Ping

I had two days from the 22/07/2017 to 24/07/2017 @14.00hrs of a good connection where the graph is as you'd expect of a FTTP connection.

Seethelight seem less than interested
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Jul-17 11:00:59
Print Post

Re: seethelight - my broadband quality monitor

[re: rockyrhino] [link to this post]

Full fibre is not immune to contention and as yours is GPON you may even be contending with neighbours

What is odd is that things do not improve during the quiet periods, which almost suggests that maybe the router is occasionally delaying responses to the ping requests.

If the good speed tests follow a pattern of good from 1am to perhaps 2pm and then getting worse you can be fairly sure its contention since 4pm through to midnight is when most people are using their connection.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User rockyrhino
(newbie) Wed 26-Jul-17 19:42:55
Print Post

Re: seethelight - my broadband quality monitor

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've been running 4 or 5 tests a day last week I was off work and was running them from 9am to 10pm and consistently only getting 15-25 mbps with variable ping and my monitor is awful bar the days I previously mentioned if your able to go back and look at other days...

I have tried 3 different routers 2 they supplied a ZTE, a Technicolor can't remember the models and now using my Billion 7800N the graph you see from the 20/07 is 2 different ones the Technicolor until 25/07 at 6.40pm but my connection hasn't gone down since the 24/07 I have also changed all CAT5e cables to ensure clarity. The only thing left here is the modem (or as they call it the Terminal).

They ignore every question I raise about contention as I believe this is contention and not hardware at my new house.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User patrick55
(newbie) Thu 27-Jul-17 10:21:06
Print Post

Re: seethelight - my broadband quality monitor *DELETED*

[re: rockyrhino] [link to this post]

Post deleted by MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Jul-17 20:15:32
Print Post

Re: seethelight - my broadband quality monitor *DELETED*

[re: patrick55] [link to this post]

More spam removed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to