General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User missadubbleyoo
(newbie) Tue 22-Aug-17 16:30:52
Print Post

Connection dropping every few minutes

[link to this post]

Hello,
bit of a broadband neophyte, needing help understanding if the monitor is reflecting my connection dropping for a few seconda at 2 to 10 minute intervals. I am on Virgin media and just had a faulty router/hub replaced by them.
My graph is as follows
My Broadband Ping

Am I right to read this is spiking like mad in terms of packet loss on the graph.
Doesn't seem to affect netflix (buffer I assume) but online gaming is a bust. So before I start griping at my ISP , is there anything my end that could cause this? I haven't made any changes to my Windows 7 PC apart from uninstalling a couple of games from steam.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-Aug-17 16:35:10
Print Post

Re: Connection dropping every few minutes

[re: missadubbleyoo] [link to this post]

Possibly related to this?
Standard User missadubbleyoo
(newbie) Tue 22-Aug-17 16:49:51
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Ouch, that map doesn't look good! Although they're (the customers) saying no service at all in the main. I can browse , with stutters it's the gaming that's most frustrating. But all in all you reckon it's more likely them than me?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Aug-17 07:54:18
Print Post

[re: missadubbleyoo] [link to this post]

It could be the virgin media hub that is making it look like there are high spikes, that has happened to others. If you are doing downloading/uploading 24x7 then you would see that sort of graph but my suspicion would be that it is either a dodgy hub or something in the Virgin network.
  Print Thread

Jump to