General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User xeno94
(newbie) Sun 08-Oct-17 11:44:24
Print Post

Graph showing 100% packet loss

[link to this post]

Hello

I recently switched routers from superhub to the superhub 3

I cannot find the setting to enable the graph to work. Could any guide me through setting it up for my new router?

Kind Regards
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 08-Oct-17 21:26:08
Print Post

Re: Graph showing 100% packet loss

[re: xeno94] [link to this post]

I can't help with the answer, but I can suggest where to look.

Somewhere in the router's firewall settings there should be one for either (Reply to) Ping or ICMP Echo. That needs to be enabled.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 72313/12530Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User skaif
(newbie) Fri 10-Nov-17 07:34:38
Print Post

[re: xeno94] [link to this post]

I am also getting this but with an AC68u - I have enabled the Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN setting in the firewall and disabled DOS protection but no joy. Any ideas?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 10-Nov-17 14:19:18
Print Post

[re: skaif] [link to this post]

Have you double checked that the IP address the monitor is checking is the one seen when you visit https://www.thinkbroadband.com/tools/what-is-my-ip

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-Nov-17 19:58:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Have you double checked that the IP address the monitor is checking is the one seen when you visit https://www.thinkbroadband.com/tools/what-is-my-ip

Agreed, in most cases their ISP might of changed their dynamic IP, its also best to not use IPv6 if your ISP is BT, they change the IPv6 address so often its not funny.

I ended up setting up my own DDNS Service, so in the chances my IPv4 changes, my graph will be red only for one to two mins (if that) while it updates the DNS Record (that's if it works that is tongue).

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
  Print Thread

Jump to