General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mss911
(newbie) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:06:07
Print Post

BQM Interpretation Help

[link to this post]

I've posted the graph below hoping for some comment / input to help with my ISP download issues. The graph below is typical of a day (been monitoring for a couple of weeks now).

The issue I'm trying to resolve is that of intially good download / browsing speed getting poorer over time. Downloads/streams (iPLayer / Sky / YouTube) will initially start well for a minute & then buffer. Browsing is very stop/start.

Specifically does the yellow peaks appear odd ??

What to the regular gaps between 4-6 a day mean ??

Thx.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 24-Nov-17 17:19:17
Print Post

Re: BQM Interpretation Help

[re: mss911] [link to this post]

The gaps suggest something that was not a resync since that usually shows as a top to bottom red line, and is not a failure in the BQM system as others don't have it.

The high yellow spikes between 3pm and 6pm look like you were actually using the connection, e.g. uploading or downloading a lot, i.e. your own use of your connection does influence the latency

Nothing in that graph really points to stop/start web browsing, the speed test at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest may give some more information e.g. if the two download results differ a lot then you may have congestion.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Nov-17 18:58:20
Print Post

Re: BQM Interpretation Help

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The gaps suggest something that was not a resync since that usually shows as a top to bottom red line, and is not a failure in the BQM system as others don't have it.

I have had the odd gaps on mine, not too sure if the connection was up or down, but there was no notification on my routers logs of loosing connection.

The last time I saw a gap on mine was on the 9th of November between 6am to 7am shown here: BQM Graph for 9th November

Most of those yellow spikes on my graph is the SamKnows White Box doing its tests.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to