General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Wes_1
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 15:52:37
Print Post

Could someone let me know what my graph could mean?

[link to this post]

Sorry to be another one of these posts but I'm going spare. I can't game anymore as my experience online is terrible. Its constant rubberbanding, which I assume is packet loss? There doesn't seem to be too much red on my graph however.

Seems my ping also jumps from 20-40 to 250+ every few seconds. It's strange as I get good speeds which I pay for, but that doesn't mean much when I have packet loss/ping.

I have had my Superhub (Virgin Media) for a long time now so could it be that it's dying? I heard bad things about other Superhubs too so have been hesitant to ring them up and ask for an upgrade.

Anyway heres my graph, thanks a bunch!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 17-Mar-18 18:49:53
Print Post

Re: Could someone let me know what my graph could mean?

[re: Wes_1] [link to this post]

Graph shows massively variable latency performance, backing up what you see in game.

Have you restarted the hub, sometimes this can help for a while. Also which version is it, the SuperHub 3 has a bug in its processor, but usually not this bad

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Wes_1
(newbie) Sat 17-Mar-18 19:13:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have found that when I restart the hub it helps for about 1-2 hours and then it will go back to the same. I have the first Superhub, although I don't think it's called Superhub 1, just Superhub. I read about the Superhub 3 which is why I haven't rung about getting a better Hub yet, just in case they give me a 3. As I'm struggling now maybe I just bite the bullet and ask for an upgrade.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Mar-18 10:39:23
Print Post

Superhub 3 even with bug usually looks better than what you are seeing

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ToxicSmoggie78
(newbie) Wed 21-Mar-18 17:31:19
Print Post

If you have the Superhub 3, the issue is relating to the intel puma 6 chipset which is causing the 'waterfall effect' in your latency, currently there is no fix for this, just a google brings up the issue https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=intel+puma+6+chips...

Your graph looked exactly like mine, if you can get decent speeds on FTTC, it's defiantly worth emailing the CEO (this will be dealt the exec department), make sure you mention it's a formal complaint and arguing your case with plenty of evidence (bqm logs, references of the high latency regarding the intel puma 6 chipset etc) and see what happens.

Edited by ToxicSmoggie78 (Wed 21-Mar-18 17:31:45)

Standard User ToxicSmoggie78
(newbie) Sun 25-Mar-18 00:13:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I remember my graphs looking like the one in the OP, it could also be high utilisation as well as the intel puma 6 chipset bug
  Print Thread

Jump to