General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 00:11:20
Print Post

Re: BQM ISP denial

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks I turned WiFi of , but they were booth 2.5 5 ghz. Stable. Just the occasional recognition of net
Thatís norm not my internet light going strobe.
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 00:21:39
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Right yes didnít think of that. Nor did the netgear support 2 hours mainly of them typing in background
Whilst doing screenshare. When I downgraded. My internet light is more stable. But looking at tonightís
Ordinary activity is just [censored] Iím getting bandwidth. But look at graph
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
It was not like this last month. I donít know if itís isp. I have to pay for BT ENGINIER Says pulse 8
if the faults my side. The attenuation looks rhythmical, my SNR margin is at 19.4 up thatís past BT MAX Isent it Iím fed up with this rubbish pay top money for everthink and get do do
I donít really know how to define what the hell this noise on line is with this BQM if it pings everything with my public ip does that mean it could be my dsl line or any device Pc. Router canít be modem or cables , or RF as I make sure of that . An expensive mysterie I just left virgin media because of this

Edited by dcm12 (Fri 06-Apr-18 00:32:56)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Apr-18 08:01:33
Print Post

[re: dcm12] [link to this post]

Whilst it is the public IP it is pinging if your line has a lot of traffic then that will increase latency as the line is busy so doesn't have spare capacity to respond. Also, the router itself could be extremely busy and so deprioritise responding to pings as they are not important compare to other traffic.

What you need to do is work out if the router is handling a lot of traffic - there should be statistics on the router of data throughput and if that is ticking up at a high rate then that would point to something transmitting data.

Remind me - aside from the BQM are you seeing any actual performance issues on the line? If you do a speed test during the "busy" hours then is that seeing slow speeds? It is possible it is just the router not bothering to respond quickly to the pings for some reason.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 10:08:48
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

hi ian thanks i dont have any traffic going on logs in netgear xr500 show standard stuff
but in statistics i have some high numbers no collisions . bandwith being used by router is
as per usual monitoring net the wave graph is measuring on of usage of 0.0006 average
this router also has twin core 1.7 gz so usage is not issue TX RX pkts are not flying up just normal ticking up slowly
this router is a traffic expert
the attenuation on BQM seems to be between 2am through to 10 am next day then normal im seeing a pattern now dont know what it is ( not my electrics i have all that in hand )
my speeds are fairly normal 40/10 im on im getting ive had bad results its a bit same as bqm
but generally 25/7 pings rating from 7 - 136 so spiking
i dont know about this router not bothering i paid it enough ha .. but vailid point my internet light is more stable on downgrade firmware but still look at graph https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Fri 06-Apr-18 10:12:42
Print Post

i will undertake this suggestion cheers i let you know
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Apr-18 10:42:35
Print Post

The BQM does not show attenuation, since in the broadband world attenuation usually refers to attenuation due to line length length.

The BQM is showing the latency between the pingbox and the IP address it is monitoring.

Absolutely no idea what
"bandwith being used by router is as per usual monitoring net the wave graph is measuring on of usage of 0.0006 average "
means...bandwidth use is usually given in MB or GB consumed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Sat 07-Apr-18 18:41:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

got it if BQM is icmb my public ip and i am doing the same from ping plotter how come the TB BQM
is looking worse than when i had virgin media attenuatin whilst the ping plotter is showing same ping to be max 10ms -20s latency jitter that doesent even register as visulal i get numbers later and zero packet loss this does not correspond with Fire bricks graphs ..
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 08-Apr-18 10:32:11
Print Post

Because maybe the provider has lots of different routes in/out/around its network and that may be having an impact.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-18 13:05:10
Print Post

i did this and it seemed to have stabalised the activity on router light internet connection but has made know difference in THE BQM https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-18 14:06:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by dcm12:
i did this and it seemed to have stabalised the activity on router light internet connection but has made know difference in THE BQM https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

I don't know then, I know I have always loaded the default settings after doing firmware upgrades and then rebooted the device and then make my changes and then once again rebooted the device and have never had any issues.

My BQM in my sig only shows yellow areas when we are using the conection which is a lot here tongue and those really long spikes on my BQM is the Samknows Whitebox I have connected doing check on my connection.

But I have never seen it as bad as yours though.

Not too sure if you have done any trace routes to places when your BQM is bad.
Places like bbc.co.uk, google.com etc, I don't know the IP of the BQM Box, but it might be a routing issue, hard to tell.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to