General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-18 16:50:46
Print Post

Re: BQM ISP denial

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

ok thanks for correcting my terminology broadband worlds my understanding was from audio based
untill we got the internet cheers m8 .
( Absolutely no idea what
"bandwith being used by router is as per usual monitoring net the wave graph is measuring on of usage of 0.0006 average "
means...bandwidth use is usually given in MB or GB consumed )

i meant within my netgera xr500 the network meter and processor usage both live .
it was maxing at say 15 mbs peaking max ocasionally ( normal activity, not in use )and processor cpu usage of 0.0006 sorry about that .
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-18 17:06:45
Print Post

i dont think so i have 3 hops to the sever 79.79.79.77 london pretty straight forward
im getting the feeling by looking at bqm it has definite patterns which means it is comming from an engine generated its not the electrics in my flat i have that in hand , it could be talk talk interleaving as i had a lot of problems setting up new modem BT echo life HG612 3B matched to street cabinet but i really did have issue ( computer probs at same time so lots of messing about
power of and on i was also unlocking HG612 ts been solid for 3 weeks now the DSL light does not flicker
no i had to turn of couple time s due to room arrangement i have a lot of records .
the BQM pattern is 2am to 2pm of huge latency in router stats i have SNR margin 19.4 dwn 0 up
weird oh well i will keep digging .
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Sun 08-Apr-18 17:25:08
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

paul thanks my BQM is terrible worse than virgin / i havent herd of Samknows Whitebox but i do run pingplotter pingman tools and have live monitors ,pings, running includding my isp servers
google , pingman tools.isp test all corresponding with TBB BQM which is always running of the charts latency i can see the hops on pings see the addresses of hops and p time see a live graph
of ping all running at under 10ms max occasionally at 20 jitter does not even register so is minimal ping plotter is well respected tool im not i raised this with mrs saffron as you can see in thread i can see my servers hops are x 3 simple and RT 6MS AVG i have know reason to not trust ping plotter stats
so will keep on trying to solve this as i mentioned to andrew f i may well of induced interleaving
when setting up and rewiring my room a few times as i moved from virgin to DSL im almost asking virgin to take me back if TB BQM is true will be now checking Samknows Whitebox
dan

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 08-Apr-18 18:14:55
Print Post

[re: dcm12] [link to this post]

Are you saying when the connection is otherwise not in use that bandwidth monitoring is peaking at 15 Mbps? If so something is using the connection

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-18 18:34:03
Print Post

[re: dcm12] [link to this post]

When you say you are using different types of ping tools etc, they are not all being done at the same time are they, if so your router might be blocking some of them due to it treating them as a ping flood attack?

I know my FRITZ Routers blocked / rejected loads of pings which was why I stopped using the Fritz!Box Routers and moved over to a Linksys WRT 3200 ACM Router which is fine with the BQM, it does have some issues to-do with buffer bloat.

Also more information about SamKnows Whitebox here but there is a waiting list.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-Apr-18 10:08:15
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Also if on Virgin Media and using a superhub 3 there is a thing called the Intel Puma bug that may or may not have been fixed and running multiple tools pinging you is likely to induce all many of oddities

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-18 20:33:15
Print Post

not on the virgin anymore to many inconsistency i had x2 shub 2 never the 3 puma6 it was still
not good i still have a new 2AH if you want it
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Tue 10-Apr-18 20:56:28
Print Post

yes the TB BQM is what your seeing / nothing else is using i have live monitor in the nighthawk xr500 showing 0.010 max mbps pings do you use igmp as i dont have that ticked but i am getting
a BQM could this be problem
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to