General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User CrazyL
(newbie) Thu 26-Apr-18 16:18:10
Print Post

Understanding my Graph

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

I am using Vodafone Fibre 38 with a Vodafone Router for the BQM. Basically what happens is that the broadband is fine all day except around 6-10pm. Around these hours the internet becomes veeery slow to the point that you cannot even open a website. However, I cannot interpret the graph. Would you be able to explain the graph to me and let me know if the graph shows what I am experiencing?

Link to BQM

Worth noting that the same happens when I use my TP Link Archer 2800 as router modem. However, I cannot get it to work with the BQM and Vodafone refuses to provide support on Third Party Routers.

Best,

Marko
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Apr-18 16:22:06
Print Post

Re: Understanding my Graph

[re: CrazyL] [link to this post]

No evidence of bad congestion between 6pm and 10pm if that is what you are hoping we will say.

What you can see is something happening every hour a few minutes past the hour that is causing latency on the connection to rise dramatically. Things that might do this are devices like a SamKnows box or other devices that make periodic use of the connection.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to