General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mac0z
(newbie) Tue 15-May-18 13:48:23
Print Post

Virgin Superhub 3 - solid yellow on BQM

[link to this post]

Hi,

I set up a BQM yesterday as I was suffering a virgin media outage and was trying to diagnose whether it was a fault in my network or at virgin. it turned out to be an issue at virgin which they have now fixed.

However, I see the max latency on the BQM graph is always high, no spikes, just constantly 140 (or presumably above 140 if the scale doesn't adjust). It might have always been this way, it might not, I've only just started measuring it.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

I use the superhub 3 in modem only mode, plugged into a good Asus router which has had ICMP responses enabled for BQM to work.

From looking at other virgin media graphs, spikes are common, but not the solid high latency I'm seeing. Any ideas how to trouble shoot this further? Or is it a case I need to raise to virgin?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 15-May-18 14:09:04
Print Post

Re: Virgin Superhub 3 - solid yellow on BQM

[re: Mac0z] [link to this post]

Does your SuperHub 3 have the Intel Puma patches applied?

Also seem to recall some people have occasionally seen some routers suffer from not giving ICMP responses a priority.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Mac0z
(newbie) Tue 15-May-18 22:03:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

No, I'm on version 9.1.116V. Do you think this could be the problem? I read up on the Puma issue before posting but every other graph I've seen showing the problem shows regular spikes at 140+, but not constantly at 140+ like my graph?

I checked my router stats and CPU is low (<2%) and traffic it is handling also very low - no downloads taking place. Router is an RT-AC88U running latest official Asus firmware.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 19-May-18 11:28:54
Print Post

[re: Mac0z] [link to this post]

I've had another patch since the first Puma fix, my BQM is in my signature, latency is a bit higher due to being in N.Ireland - but yours looks very bad.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 19-May-18 20:18:04
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

The newest FW: Software version : 9.1.116.608

Print Thread

Jump to