General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Wed 13-Jun-18 19:26:59
Print Post

Help required regarding my monitor

[link to this post]

Could someone shed some light on the blip I have on my graph between 6-11pm every night? It happens even when I am not really using the line and I would appreciate any input.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Jun-18 20:35:13
Print Post

Re: Help required regarding my monitor

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

If you are sure nothing is moving data across your line, then the zone of raised latency (not really a blip as they are generally shorter periods) suggests increased latency due to congestion and some packets delayed long enough to be dropped

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Wed 13-Jun-18 21:56:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew

The usage on the line is constant so its not as if everyone just came home and started using the bandwidth, it is happening every night too.

If this is congestion what are the best moves to get it fixed?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Jun-18 23:44:39
Print Post

Content use of broadband is very rare, you need to try stopping this constant use and see if that helps.

As for congestion, if its ISP side as opposed to you filling the line up yourself then down to them to add more capacity

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 14-Jun-18 00:04:19
Print Post

Maybe a (non-internet) TV, or even a smart (internet-capable) TV being turned on for that period? Possibly not even yours, it could be next door's. Also, not necessarily the main home TV.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 71307/12780Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Thu 14-Jun-18 22:38:28
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I should clarify constant use, I have a remote lyric device similar to a hive product that is connected 24/7 [wireless] and a networked printer. Maybe I was wrong describing it like that.

As of now I have removed everything that is actually using the router to see what happens and I will report back again tomorrow.

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.
  Print Thread

Jump to