General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ark112
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-18 14:42:23
Print Post

BQM strange problem

[link to this post]

Hi guys.. so this is a weird one, and doesn't make much sense to me..

Short version: my bqm only works when my ps4 is turned on?..

Longer version: I had a bqm running on my old connection just fine, using a w9980, then I switched over to vodafone and had it running for about a week using the vodafone supplied router. These worked fine and didn't have any issues. However now I have setup a vmg8924 to replace the vodafone router, and enabled the icmp on the wan side in remote management. However as above, it doesn't show any activity unless I turn my ps4 on.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

Any thoughts?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Aug-18 15:46:35
Print Post

Re: BQM strange problem

[re: Ark112] [link to this post]

PS4 is NOT assigned as the dmz by any chance?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ark112
(newbie) Sun 12-Aug-18 16:32:01
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, yes it is actually. Does that cause an issue? I had it setup this way on my w9980 and it never caused a problem.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Aug-18 19:01:46
Print Post

If the ps4 is the DMZ device, then when it is off perfectly logical that pings will have no response

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Aug-18 19:05:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ark112:
Thanks for the reply, yes it is actually. Does that cause an issue? I had it setup this way on my w9980 and it never caused a problem.

If you are going to use the PS4, try putting the PS4 into REST Mode when turning off, not too sure if that will work, but I know you can do updates while in REST Mode.

Its worth a try.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast 2 + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
  Print Thread

Jump to