General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User garylilla
(newbie) Mon 01-Oct-18 04:07:24
Print Post

Possible to change the Latency scale of the graph?

[link to this post]

Hello all,
BQM is an awesome tool but my graph (see below) is mostly green. This is probably because I am not in the UK and the minimum latency is expectedly high. Is it possible to re-scale the latency axis on the graph so I can see the entire plot? or possibly access the raw data?
Thanks.

My Broadband Ping

Edited by garylilla (Mon 01-Oct-18 04:10:05)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Oct-18 07:24:44
Print Post

Re: Possible to change the Latency scale of the graph?

[re: garylilla] [link to this post]

I think a base latency offset plot level would be better for you.
Adding a scale so that you could see yours would also make it harder to see the other latency values.
But with an offset you would still have the same scaling, but starting from a different level / value.

On average going by my graph, my BQM doesn't go over 20ms with a minimum of about 2ms and an average of 3ms apart from SamKnows White Box Tests, so an offset plot range would be great.

So having a range might fit both cases, but it all depends on how they have written it.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast 2 + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 01-Oct-18 09:41:27
Print Post

[re: garylilla] [link to this post]

Anything is possible, but if your wallet deep enough to pay for the development time and impact this may have on resources, needed?

The tool is aimed at the UK market and for good reason, since if measuring international links you are not just monitoring your broadband but also a lot of peering and international links

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User garylilla
(newbie) Mon 01-Oct-18 16:54:35
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Agreed, offset makes even more sense.
Standard User garylilla
(newbie) Mon 01-Oct-18 17:02:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.
Your point is well taken, even though I am international, I still found value in the monitoring.
Perhaps a paid member level of fee to download the raw data would help to finance improvements.
  Print Thread

Jump to