General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User roakes
(newbie) Thu 18-Oct-18 11:45:17
Print Post

Virgin - Progressively worse latency Issues since upgrade

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have been a Virgin customer since July and originally started off with the 200mb broadband package as 350mb wasn't available. I had relatively no problems with it, however since upgrading to the 350mb package on September 15th I have seen gradually worsening latency issues. Please see below for an illustrative timeline thanks to BQM...

September 14th, this is when I was still on 200mb. I work from home so this was when I was at home all day

September 17th after the upgrade to 350mb, I was away this whole week, so there should have been no activity

September 25th, this was my first full day back home after the upgrade, note the constant saw tooth pattern

September 28th, again at home but massive spikes now, this has been the trend for a few weeks

October 17th, massive spikes even overnight

What do you think is going on?

I am using a Superhub 3 in modem mode with an Asus RT-AC68U router. Nothing has changed hardware wise over this time.

Thanks for your help.

Russell

Live BQM Graph

Edited by roakes (Thu 18-Oct-18 11:46:40)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 18-Oct-18 18:45:25
Print Post

Re: Virgin - Progressively worse latency Issues since upgrad

[re: roakes] [link to this post]

More people doing more stuff with the extra speed in the area?

Do speed tests show single download are very much slower than the main test https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User roakes
(newbie) Fri 19-Oct-18 06:31:59
Print Post

Re: Virgin - Progressively worse latency Issues since upgrad

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

My Broadband Ping

I rebooted just the hub last night and got an instant improvement, still OK this morning too, I'll monitor over the next week or two to see if it degrades again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to