User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sam57
(newbie) Mon 13-Dec-10 21:14:51
Print Post

Re: Interleaving switched off

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

Hello,

I just phoned BT technical support and after a lot of nonsense I managed to get the person I was talking to send a request to get interleaving turned off, he said it would take up to 48 hours... I also read that they say they are going to do this but rarely do, so I was wondering if it would be possible for one of the BT people on here to help me out and make sure that they actually have sent a request, as I could really do without the stress of having to wait in a queue for hours on end only to be told the same thing...

My ping used to sit at around 30ms while gaming, however, ever since interleaving was put on it has gone up to about 70 ms, with a latency averaging about 110/120.

Who can I talk to about this, and what details do you need to?

Thanks for any help,

Sam
Standard User sph70
(newbie) Sat 08-Jan-11 00:58:33
Print Post

[re: sam57] [link to this post]

I've just read through this whole thread and really have no idea what anyone is talking about.!
I've been 'interleaved' since day one about 8 years ago.
Loads of people are asking for it to be turned off, but why? What is the benefit?
I've seen talk of pings. I've constantly had a 90+ms ping in games and just thought I'm getting that because I live that far away from the exchange.
And what is latency? I thought it was the same as ping.

Edited by sph70 (Sat 08-Jan-11 00:59:45)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Jan-11 01:13:31
Print Post

[re: sph70] [link to this post]

Latency is the ping time,

The benefit of Interleaving switched off is faster pings, particularly for playing games. That's why it is called "Fast Path". Users with it off typically get 20-30 ms pings. The downside is it is less stable and more error prone because interleaving self-corrects many errors.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sph70
(newbie) Sat 08-Jan-11 01:23:08
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Cheers.
Standard User Beanman
(newbie) Tue 05-Jul-11 16:48:33
Print Post

[re: sph70] [link to this post]

Hi im new to the forums and understand interleaving and what it does. however i know that ringing BT personally will get me no where and there are some helpful BT members on this forum that can hopfully help me.
2 Things though:
1. im using my own router a netgear
2. i dont know what details you would need from me.
hope to here from someone soon.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to