Recently, since recieving BT HomeHub 2, it has been basically dropping Broadband connectivity rather frequently for a matter of 20 seconds or so. I play World of Warcraft, and it seems to happen noticably mostly while playing this game, as when I stop, I don't tend to notice this happen so much (although it does, of course, still happen).
I stopped using the first HomeHub 2.0 router they sent after upgrading, went back to using my ancient HomeHub 1.0 rusty breeze block. It worked remarkably well, until recently. After about a month, it too, decided to start dropping broadband connectivity while playing World of Warcraft after a long period of time without doing this. The PC I play on has always been connected directly via Ethernet cable.
I got onto BT, they sent me a new 2.0 router. I got it just before New Years Eve after ringing up the day after Boxing Day. Great timing for the post, although it was just sitting outside the front door when I got back from being out. Long story short, it's now (as predicted) doing exactly the same as the first one, even though it seemed okay for the first day. Frequent disconnects, which very much interrupts the gaming. I'm at my tether, I just want to cancel at the moment, but am worried about being caught in a 12 month contract with them, even though the service is unacceptable.
I have tried a lot of the things I came across. I'll start off by posting some of the router info. If anyone could help, I would be grateful. Thinking of switching over to Sky at this rate.
BT HomeHub 2.0
Version 8.1.H.J (Type A)
Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 1:42:34
Downstream 14,721 Kbps
Upstream 828 Kbps
Modulation ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 6.8 dB / 6.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 31.5 dB / 16.7 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 21.0 dBm / 12.1 dBm
The telephone and router are connected to the secondary (hardwired) telephone socket in the house via a HomeHub2 Microfilter. It would be extremely infeasible now, to rewire the phone and router to the main one downstairs. I tried taking this upstairs (old socket) apart and unwiring the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th wires as I read on a website to try and get the best out of the ADSL2+, and hopefully prevent these issues. There were no issues with the phone or router, however it still didn't fix the broadband disconnection issue.
All the best,